Tuesday, October 28, 2008

She is doing good!!

Avie did so well today, the nurses said she was the best pallett patient they ever had, she is such a star!! Just wanted to post a few pics for Memae, Avie sure misses her Big Sis!!!!

Waiting with Daddy, in her cool tie back gown. She was so embarrassed when it opened and everyone saw her chunky thighs. Holding her toy that Sissy gave her.

After surgery, and morphine, she drank a bottle. This was about 2.5 hrs after surgery and right after they gave her a shot of morphine. So far she has done very well, hopefully that will continue through the night.
Big thanks to Pate and Bec for letting us stay on Monday, it took us about 10 minutes to get to the hospital. They both loved on her like she was their own, they will be great parents when their Ava comes in January!!
Thanks to Donalds Mom and Dad, and J'Dawn for being here during the procedure.
Also to Mrs. Mary Jo, Summer and Luke for coming to check on us, it was nice to see familiar faces when you are away from home.
Will update in the morning how she is doing.
Audrey

11 comments:

Linda Watson said...

So happy everything went well today. All of you have been in my thoughts and prayers today. Your girls are beautiful!

Athen Bradford said...

that's great that she's doing so well... Mom got the "dasher update" via email and passed it on to me... I haven't had a chance to call Bev and check on Avie. I will call tomorrow and see how y'all did thru the night...Have a safe trip home!

John, Shannon, Broderick, Camden, and Adalynn said...

Glad that all is going well. Praying for an uneventful and speedy recovery. I guess she has taken Adalynn's place...she, too, was named a "Superstar" by the nurses!

Jill said...

Glad to hear the procedure went so well! I thought about all of you today. It is very hard as a parent to watch your child have surgery! Been there, not quite that young though! As a matter of fact, Mary Jo was Cayla's teacher at the time! She is such a kind, caring person! Love you all!

Krissy said...

I'm so glad to hear that little Avie did so well!

Heather said...

Yay for Avie!!! I was cracking up about the "chunky thighs" comment. She looks like she's feeling great! Now that this surgery is over, will she have more in the future? I know Aidan will have a bone graft (graph?) when he's about 8. Is Avie's gumline cleft affected too? I hope not!

Bev said...

"It Takes a Village to Raise a Child" (this was the book Hillary Clinton won a Grammy for reading on audio tape during Bill's administration), what a true saying and a village of good friends praying for a successful surgery. Avie looks great and we are confident her recovery will pass quickly by. We love you very much and are anxious for you to get back to Valdosta! When I picked the girls up yesterday and told them the surgery was over, Amelia quickly said "Yeah, but I'm still staying at Abby's tonight". Love you guys, Papa&Bev P.S. Christine will have heart catherization w/possible stints tomorrow @ SGMC early a.m.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad everything is going well for Avie. Hang in there and you will be home before you know it. Love you.

Sassy's Dresses and More said...

Praise the Lord. I am so glad everything went go. Prayers are still comeing your way for safe travels home. God Bless Connie

The Holtons said...

Glad that much is behind you and hope that she continues to do well. I tried to call Bev today, AGAIN, during my lunch-I am teaching- and got no answer! Hope you had a good night and a great trip home! Love ya-

LaurieR said...

Glad all is well and I hope ya'll have a good trip home and quick recvery. Remind me later to tell you on the phone my "real" comment :)